Life in the Village and beyond, based around the interests of my life.

Life in the Village and beyond, based around the interests of my life. Sunset at Telegraph Point.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Blog!

The Village Woodworker turns ONE today.
Interestingly, folks seem to like reading my scribblings, and have joined me many times on our little journey into the life of the Village.  Most of it has been woodwork of course, but some surprises have popped up along the way.


When I started these blog entries, there were several woodworking projects in the works or on the drawing board.  These took shape over the weeks and months that followed.  It was a productive year.

I had no idea that I would become a ukulele-ist - of sorts - playing with a group every Monday night, and singing with the a capella group on Thursdays.


I never envisaged building any kind of musical instrument - that all seemed part of the esoteric arts - one year ago.  Now that we have entered the magical world of lutherie, there may be no turning back.  Here is Riverside Ukuleles tenor uke - serial number 1201.  There will not be a #1202 - too many other things to do - but a #1302 is a distinct possibility.


I have met so many new fellow travellers through this blogging medium - and have re-kindled old friendships.


The year has seen some holidays and some relaxation, as well as plain old perspiration in getting things done. 


The Village of Telegraph Point continues to grow, in its self-awareness and in the relationships that a living community engenders and nurtures. I love living here.

I hope that the year ahead holds as much joy and satisfaction as the last twelve months.  If so, I shall be content.
Thanks everyone, for sharing this journey with me.

Love life ............
......... and live!

No comments:

Post a Comment