Life in the Village and beyond, based around the interests of my life.

Life in the Village and beyond, based around the interests of my life. Sunset at Telegraph Point.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Black Bean - Wondrous Timber

One of my sons is a woodworking teacher at a country high school, and has had the good fortune to work with an old friend from my basket-balling days.
Both Jeff and my son are good wood turners, but Jeff is the master.

I gave him a very unattractive billet of timber from the woodpile recently, because from one clean edge it showed some signs of promising grain.

I wish I had taken some pictures of the block beforehand so that a comparison could be made, but anyhow - here is the result of Jeff's turning magic:





Jeff P - you are THE MAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment