Life in the Village and beyond, based around the interests of my life.

Life in the Village and beyond, based around the interests of my life. Sunset at Telegraph Point.

Friday, December 9, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like ....

 Christmas Bush - planted many years ago by LOML, and it has finally graced us with some flowers. These start out white and turn a lovely red as they mature.


The red blossom at the base, is crucifix orchid flower.  An amazing plant that grows profusely and seems to thrive on neglect.  Just the thing for our garden.


Looking past these there is the last of spring's jacaranda blossom in the front paddock that adjoins my shed.


The shed is some ways from the house, and the hill walk is a great mini constitutional.  Time was, when I used to run the uphill leg as part of my I feel alive regime.  Not any more.  Tried it once or twice when the phone was ringing - never again.


Now, I know I'm alive when I get to the top because I'm still conscious - and usually panting.  


What's that old saying - 
...........the older I get the faster I was .......
One advantage of aging and its enforced pace, is the opportunity to see things that we hurried past before.







Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?
You better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
Link







Another surprise greeted us this morning in the form of mama jill and young joe not more than a metre from our front verandah.  They had been feeeding here during the night.

They normally keep their distance from the house, but the grass must be extra sweet right there.

Joe found the bull-ant nest and near went into orbit.
What a sight!



The next shed project is a full length wall mirror for the walk-in wardrobe.
The frame will be silky-oak ala Greene and Greene.
Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment